Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm BACK!

Song of the Moment: True Love by Phil Wickham
Yes, after a 3 month blog sabatical....I am back! MUCH has happened over the last several months. Much I will spare you from. The quick highlights- IF began....and ended, wonderfully. I moved to a new place, which you will see soon, & I'm living by myself. Not so sure I like that, but the place is cool. I joined a ROCKIN' small group. Didn't know any of them before hand, but my good friend, Elizabeth, connected us. AND finally, 6....yes 6....of my good friends have moved to different states. I don't mean acquaintances-these are like the ppl i hung out with every wknd kind of friends. They are all off doing incredible things- like grad school at Harvard or University of California or Stanford (yes, I have smart friends....maybe it will rub off) or getting great new jobs, so needless to say, I am thrilled for all of them and the great things that the Lord has in store for their lives. However, I do feel a little bit like a lost puppy....so I'm trying to fill my time with new places, experiences, people and even hobbies, which brings me to where I am at this moment.

Several months ago, one of my best buds went on a mission trip and couldn't stop talking about the experience & thought that I would love it too. So, I decided to check it out. I am in Florida at the Lighthouse Family Retreat. It is retreat for families who have kids with cancer. I'll explain more as the week goes on, but I am fully expecting God to do huge things this week. I'm sure tears will be shed, laughs will be had and lives will be changed. I'll try to update a little bit every day this week and post a few pictures so you can go on this journey with me. If you think about it this week, please pray for the 10 families who will be arriving tomorrow- that they will be well taken care of by us so they can enjoy each other, and that they would know Him as Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

First things first...totally loving the new look!

Super thrilled that you're back on the blog-wagon.

You better keep it up...because it's a hard life not being attached to your hip!

Danielle said...

Praying for you this week! Cannot wait to hear all about it.

D

Amy said...

FRIEND! I'll be there in 3.5 short months. :)

Daily Tales of Sugar and Spice said...

SOOOO happy you found lighthouse and they had you for this week. you are perfect for this. i have helped them out with marketing stuff in the past and want to go on a retreat soon. i know you touched so many lives and hearts.