
song of the moment- Viva la Vida, Coldplay :::brilliant:::
You got it, this is a shallow post. Ya know those days or stages that seem to be so full/ heavy/ jam packed.... definitely a good thing sometimes....but then sometimes it just makes you want to do something mindless- like watch a baseball game or a movie or go shopping.? Well, life has been full of the heavy & unseen lately, so here's my partially shallow response:
I have an awesome group of friends at work and we can typically be found, Monday through Friday @ 12pm, at a big round table in the Cafe. Look around....we are the only table filled with people who do not work on the same team, similar projects, or even the same department. (<-- which is another post for another day). Our common bond, we're under 30. Since none of us really work together, we make it a point to eat together as much as possible. Sean has dubbed our little(ish) lunch group "The Lunch Posse". So, when my friend, Lauren, started on Monday, she had to be introduced to the under 30 crowd. In order to properly & creatively introduce her to our group of friends, superlative awards were given to each member of the Posse at lunch so Lauren could figure everyone out. Unfortunately, I had a lunch meeting that day and could not attend the highschool yearbook themed lunch.
However (here comes the shallow part), I got 2 superlatives. 1- Most Connected & 2- Most Fashionable. I'm glad the Posse sees me that way. On top of that, someone told me that day that I was their inspiration when shopping for good, trendy clothes. Well, let me be a rotten brat and say those 3 things, selfishly, made me happy. Daniel, Mode magazine, here i am. <--10 points for you if you know what that is refering to.....
PS- it was 13* when i left the house this morning. seriously...if i wanted that, i'd move to Boston.

4 comments:
Shallow post below...you're funny.
Wish you had been there to hear your supurlatives first hand...we'll have to play that game again soon...like in the next two weeks!
You rock, friend! So glad I'll get to play with you long after January 30!
Yes! I made the blog! I feel so cool now!
It's hard to always be deep on the blog isn't it? I enjoyed reading this though...I agree that you are pretty connected AND fashionable. You have my vote!
Dude! I missed the superlatives as well! I'd love to hear them all, so I agree with Lindsey... let's play again!
Post a Comment