Sunday, November 2, 2008

I have a PROBLEM!

song of the moment.....Time of My Life by David Cook

I'm just gonna put it out there. I have a serious problem. So I have decided to over come it...and I'm putting it on here to hold myself accountable....as if my room mates aren't already doing so. Shopping. Not EVEN kidding. I buy the most ridiculous amounts of nothingness one could ever imagine. Seriously. So, I'm on strike. I have decided to halt from purchasing clothes until next payday...nothing at all. Not even socks. Until November 19. Really, I've come a long way from the ME of this time last year, but have miles to go in this area of m life. In all seriousness, this has been much more difficult than I could have imagined...and that is what made me realize that I do in fact, I have a real problem. I'm going a little nuts. What do I do with myself? I can't go to a store, because, no doubt, I'll buy something. I'm also actually following a budget now so basically, its like going cold turkey on spending money...and I'm having withdrawals. I've had to find other things to do since I can't make my weekly trips to Lenox, Target, Sephora, etc....so today, I made pumpkin muffins. 

I was going absolutely stir crazy, as I do when I'm at my house with nothing to do for over 3 hours. So, I couldn't get it all mixed up...because normally, if I wanted pumkin muffins, I would go to the flippin bakery and BUY them. I thought it would be a good idea to mix the batter up with my hands...I THOUGHT it would be like dough....clearly, it was not at all a dough like substance....and that was a verrrry bad idea.

The muffins, however, tasted good. Not as good as Starbucks pumpkin muffins.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Hate I missed the baking extravaganza!

Ashleigh Speir said...

While I do appreciate a good Starbucks pastry item, I am so inspired by you trying to bake them on your own! And not spending money is definitely a problem I have as well. So, I admire your efforts and I will definitely be checking in to see how you do! After I hear if you make it out alive or not, I'll make a decision as to whether or not to try it for myself. :)